26 May 2020

Do You Still Know Your Wedding Vows? Read On And Learn How to Write Yours

Do You Still Know And Fulfil Your Wedding Promises to your Spouse? 

Abbey and I agreed to watch again our wedding video after 9 years! Imagine..one more year and we are on a DECADE! Lovely isn’t? Without further ado, below is our vows we have promised to each other. 

ABBEY: "Andito na tayo ngayon sa dulo ng byahe ng ating time machine. Hindi ko na balk ulit sumakay dun kasi nakita na kita. Salamat at ikaw ang ginawa NIYANG makasay ko. 

At sa pagsisimula ng byahe natin biglang mag-asawa, sa tulong ng ating PANGINOON, sisikapin kong maging tapat na asawa at maasahan na kaibigan. Ibibigay lahat ng aking makakaya para mapagsilbihan ka. Mapaglutuan ng mga pagkaing masusustansya. Wag lang ng carbonara or ng kahit na anong pasta. O kahit maihanda yung mga damit mo na gagamitin sa opisina. Alam ko ginagawa yun nang mga kababaihan, karaniwan na ginagawa nila yun. Pero ginagawa ko yun ng masaya dahil mahal kita. 

Narito ako para maging katuwang mo sa buhay. Karamay sa saya at pag-iyak, sa meron o wala, sa laban o bawi. Ang tipang ito ang magpapatibay ng application ko bilang permanent roommate mo. 

At sa huli, sa pagsisimula mo ng pagiging ex ko, aking ipapakita at ipapadama ang respeto, pagtatangi at pagmamahal na nauukol para lang sayo. 

Mahal na mahal kita."


WILL:  "I do’t need a man at alam mo yan. I love what I am, my freedom, my independence… I know no man can ever cope up on my attitude and vowed to myself never to fall in love again. On the midst of enjoying dating with boys, I saw you. And thought, this Abbey will be one of those men, isa sa mga aasa. My heart was tightly closed because my eyes saw every negative sides of being in a relationship. 

Pero ikaw… you climbed my wall and gave my cold heart a significant warm again. You are the kindest, responsible and caring na lalake na nakilala ko. So totoo pala, for almost one decade, naayos mo din ang time machine natin. I hope pagtyagan mo ang mga luto kong pasta na minsan wala talagang lasa, ang tantrums at pagiging couch potato ko. 

I love you Abbey. And I submit myself to be your wife, your best friend and your baby."





What are 3 essential tips in writing your wedding vows: 
     1. Declare to everybody the reasons why you fell in love with your fiancé/fiancée. What is his/her qualities that you can’t live without. Be concise. It is better to be brief and short. You do not want everybody yawning on your tales. Anyways that is a vow not a relationship history lesson. Right? 

     2. Discuss about your future. Not about your future home or future cars but how you will treat your spouse once you already tied the knot. How you plan to overcome challenges and the deals in your future. 

     3. Skip any cryptic messages and do not make embarrassing jokes on your partner. Your guests do not need to know those. Keep it inside your room. 

     4. Oh! We have fourth essential tip! Haha. Please bear in mind to keep those promises! It is better if you put in a card and will be a good memorabilia for both of you. 

Always remember that wedding is just a one day event but marriage will not only affect your life but all of those who loves and surrounds you. 

About our wedding vows 9 years ago, well reality check— we are still inline to that! Cheers!! Woohooo!!! 

Make your marriage more awesome than your wedding. Fill up our married life with happiness, fulfilment and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment